[Cin] Gmail and Mailing List

Georgy Salnikov sge at nmr.nioch.nsc.ru
Fri Mar 10 08:56:27 CET 2023

On Fri, 10 Mar 2023, Andrea paz via Cin wrote:

> Do you know a way to set gmail to recognize our mailing list? I don't
> know how to do it.

Andrea, it is because of DMARC authentication failure, see mail headers:

@lists.cinelerra-gg.org has neither its own DKIM nor DNS SPF record.

Either the admin of the @lists.cinelerra-gg.org mail server has to implement
generation of DKIM signatures and attaching them to emails submitted from
this mailing list,

Or the admin of the lists.cinelerra-gg.org DNS domain has to add the proper
SPF records to the DNS zone file.

Only the corresponding admin can do that, for us, users, this is not
possible.

Georgy Salnikov
NMR Group
Novosibirsk Institute of Organic Chemistry
Lavrentjeva, 9, 630090 Novosibirsk, Russia
Phone   +7-383-3307864
Email   sge at nmr.nioch.nsc.ru