[Cin] [spam?] Re: Cinellera360: the ultimate free VR editor

Georgy Salnikov sge at nmr.nioch.nsc.ru
Wed Mar 29 05:10:40 CEST 2023

On Tue, 28 Mar 2023, Phyllis Smith via Cin wrote:

>  On Monday, March 27, 2023 11:00:13 AM CEST, Igor BEGHETTO via Cin wrote:
> > Unfortunately, what I know for, the interpolation feature
> > doesn't work for FFmpeg plugins (F_<effect>).
>
> I would love to know where in the code this is 'set'. I cannot even find
> any reference to the v_360 other than the descriptions.

I have to point out the fundamental difference between CGG 'Autos' (zoom,
pan, etc.) which are interpolatable in any way (linear, bezier, etc.) and
'Plugin keyframes' which are not necessary to be interpolatable at all.

Autos are handled inside the main Cinelerra executable itself. Therefore
Cinelerra knows exactly what a particular Autos is about, how to interpret
it, and how it can be interpolated.

On the contrary, Plugin keyframes are handled each inside its own plugin.
Cinelerra knows nothing about internal functionalities inside plugins,
either external or even native plugins. And has no chance to do it. Only the
plugin can interpolate its own keyframes.

Also, if you succeed to add plugin keyframe interpolation in some particular
plugin, all the other (even similar in functionality) plugins will know
nothing about it. So, each one out of dozen of plugin keyframes has to be
implemented individually.

>  Not sure if this is any help or not, but the ffmpeg v360 plugin C code
>  after you do a build is at:   {yourcinelerra code
>  directory}/thirdparty/ffmpeg-5.1/libavfilter/vf_v360.cand if you look at
>  native plugins, like color3way, you can see how they call interpolate
>  (cinelerra/pluginfclient.C)

cinelerra/pluginfclient.C is nothing else as a 'template' around which the
individual (native) plugins are built. It also does not know anything about
interpolation. It helps subclassed plugins to fetch keyframes from timeline,
read them or save to xml project file, and cannot do more.

Georgy Salnikov
NMR Group
Novosibirsk Institute of Organic Chemistry
Lavrentjeva, 9, 630090 Novosibirsk, Russia
Phone   +7-383-3307864
Email   sge at nmr.nioch.nsc.ru