[Cin] Update on GIT changes

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Sun May 28 09:19:30 CEST 2023

> Andrea, can you point gdb at cin executable, run it inside gdb and post backtrace? ( I am not very good at reading dmp files :/)

I'm sorry but I don't understand how to do it with gdb. Years ago I
tried following GG's instructions. Now I have done the copy/paste of
the instructions again but, when launching CinGG inside gdb I get:

(gdb) run /tmp/cinelerra-5.1/bin/./cin
Starting program:  /tmp/cinelerra-5.1/bin/./cin
No executable file specified.
Use the "file" or "exec-file" command.
(gdb)

I have no idea what to do (also because I don't know what I did...).
Try to give me a list of instructions on how to do it.

PS: the GG's istruction are these:

Are you able to build from source with full debugging symbols?

Yes, the easy way to get a full static (non-debug) build is to:
# git clone ...
# cp -a /path/cinelerra-5.1 /tmp/
# cd /tmp/cinelerra-5.1
# ./bld.sh

Then, to run as a developer in the debugger:
# CFLAGS=-ggdb make -j16 rebuild_all
# cd /tmp/cinelerra-5.1/bin
# gdb
(gdb) handle SIG32 pass nostop noprint