[Cin] DV to DVD rendering - questions and issues

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Mon May 29 01:53:11 CEST 2023

Some additional commentary:

> 2. Deinterlacing:
>
> The input PAL DV source file is Interlaced, Bottom Field First

Why does deinterlacing with dvd default rendering (mpeg2enc) still come out
> as Interlaced, but Top Field first?ffprobe -hide_banner dvd.m2v

I have been looking for any information on this and lots of testing.  As
far as I can tell, whenever you Render or DVD Render, it seems like the
Interlace always comes out Top Field First.  I have not found a way to get
Bottom Field First but have not tried all render formats (which I will
continue to look at).  It may be that it only does Top Field First or
Progressive.

3. Dvd Interlaced Chroma

> With reference to the CinGG manual
>
> https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/CinelerraGG_Manual/Dvd_Interlaced_Chroma.html
> I can't find this option and is it relevant for DVD rendering?

This needs correction in the manual. (Hopefully you found it in the
screencast Andrew mentioned). It is Settings->Preference, Interface tab,
4th box down in the Operation section.

TO BE CONTINUED as time permits.