[Cin] Plugins in integer or in float

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 22:20:22 CET 2023

пн, 6 нояб. 2023 г., 00:00 Andrew Randrianasulu <randrianasulu at gmail.com>:

> вс, 5 нояб. 2023 г., 23:16 Phyllis Smith via Cin <
> cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>:
>
>> Maybe Andrew knows how to detect this -- if it is just a matter of
>> looking at each plugin to see if it looks like the word "float" is in
>> effect for the majority of variables, that is something I could do.  Or if
>> Andrew has another way?
>>

> may be look for lines like
>
> case BC_RGB_FLOAT
> case BC_RGBA_FLOAT
>
> with grep -r  in plugins directory?

it looks like they all support at least input in float colorspace but
histogram for example calculates curves with 8/16 bit precision, may be
this is that gives clamping at the end? Does it exist if you output to
native tiff?

also, you can look for

grep "CLAMP" -r plugins/

clamp macro itself, but you need some code reading for understand what
exactly it clamps ...  for example all display output still 8bit, so there
is no sense yet to keep full range of channel  values for in-plugin drawing

sorry for absence of easy answer ...