[Cin] Cinelerra-GG packages build farm

Rob Prowel rprowel at comcast.net
Thu Nov 16 00:11:58 CET 2023

On 10/8/23 07:14, Андрей Спицын via Cin wrote:
> Hello Phyllis and everyone,
>
> I've created a build farm for cinelerra deb and rpm packages. Although it
> is at an early stage of development, it can build packages on every git
> change in the main repo. Feel free to use these packages at
> https://github.com/einhander/cin-gg-packages/releases. Note that releases
> correspond to a build date, not a git commit date.
> Current build hosts are debian 12 and alma linux 8. I'm open to suggestions
> for a new distro and packages.

I'm always happy when folks create packages, and am sensitive to how
much work is involved.  As kind of a guiding principle, I hope that
packagers won't jump on the newest and latest distro kick when they
create packages, but will take a conservative approach and understand
that some of us would rather work on real stuff than spend all our time
upgrading the infinite number of dependencies things rely on.

I guess that's an underhanded way of stating "would love to see packaged
for debian-11". LOL