[Cin] Fwd: CVE in libwebp

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 23:46:01 CEST 2023

Andrew,
Tested on 32-bit Debian 9.1 which has cmake version 3.7.2 so it appears to
work.
Tested on64-bit Ubuntu 16 which has cmake version 3.5.1 WHICH SHOULD NOT
WORK, but appears to anyway.  WHY??
In the file CMakeLists.txt, one of the first things it does is to check the
cmake version for Apple of 3.17 else 3.7.1 for everything else.  But it
seems to just keep going anyway and a single render using webp.webp seems
to work.

Also, I attempted to create libwebp-1.3.2.patch3 to match
libwebp-1.1.0.patch3but it fails on line 3.  See attached. There are so
many extra libwebp related messages in the build log file now -- 254 versus
about 82 previously.