[Cin] Fwd: CVE in libwebp

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 23:52:05 CEST 2023

пн, 18 сент. 2023 г., 00:46 Phyllis Smith <phylsmith2017 at gmail.com>:

> Andrew,
> Tested on 32-bit Debian 9.1 which has cmake version 3.7.2 so it appears to
> work.
> Tested on64-bit Ubuntu 16 which has cmake version 3.5.1 WHICH SHOULD NOT
> WORK, but appears to anyway.  WHY??

because I switched libwebp build from cmake build system to autotools build
system .....

In the file CMakeLists.txt, one of the first things it does is to check the
> cmake version for Apple of 3.17 else 3.7.1 for everything else.  But it
> seems to just keep going anyway and a single render using webp.webp seems
> to work.

you can also try to make patch dialing that 3.7.1 down to 3.5.1 like for
libaom and see if this works ....

> Also, I attempted to create libwebp-1.3.2.patch3 to match
> libwebp-1.1.0.patch3but it fails on line 3.  See attached. There are so
> many extra libwebp related messages in the build log file now -- 254 versus
> about 82 previously.

src/libwebp-1.1.0.patch3

seems to disable things I disabled by configure switches, so not necessary
anymore if this mini patch series works as intended...