[Cin] ffmpeg 7.0 soon to be released

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 15:26:31 CEST 2024

вт, 23 апр. 2024 г., 16:05 Andrea paz via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>:

> Trying to repeat Igor's test, with CinGG compiled with ffmpeg7, I find
> the render audio clean and without scratches. I remember that I use
> Arch, which has all updated drivers and libraries. On the terminal I
> read:
>
> file:/home/paz/igor_test.webm
>   err: Invalid data found when processing input
> FFStream::decode: failed
> FFMPEG::open_decoder: some stream times estimated: /home/paz/igor_test.webm
> FFMPEG::open_decoder: some stream times estimated: /home/paz/igor_test.webm

well, this is even with my latest patch? I think it eliminated *encoder*
errors, and there was no decoding errors with libvorbis encoded streams
..but there was with ffmpeg_vorbis.

Also, you can try to run cin via qemu-x86_64 user level emulator with
different -cpu parameters, may be bug surface only on specific cpus .....

Anyway, I thought there still a lot to test (hw decoding, hw rendering,
renderfarm, background render, proxies, various profiles) so we better not
to rush release this month ...