[Cin] ffmpeg 7.0 soon to be released

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 13:51:17 CEST 2024

> well, this is even with my latest patch?
Sorry for the late response. Below is what
is written in the terminal from loading the media in timeline, then
the render and finally
the subsequent loading of the render to timeline:

file:/home/paz/test/4-3_3-2.mov
  err: Invalid argument
Render::render_single: Session finished.
** rendered 1019 frames in 50.335 secs, 20.244 fps
FFMPEG::open_decoder: some stream times estimated: /home/paz/igor_test3.webm
audio0 pad 8 -143 (151)
audio0 pad 0 -143 (143)
FFMPEG::open_decoder: some stream times estimated: /home/paz/igor_test3.webm
FFStream::decode: avcodec_send_packet failed.
file:/home/paz/test/4-3_3-2.mov
  err: Invalid argument
FFStream::decode: failed
HW device init failed, using SW decode.
file:/home/paz/test/4-3_3-2.mov
  err: Invalid argument
FFMPEG::open_decoder: some stream times estimated: /home/paz/igor_test3.webm
FFMPEG::open_decoder: some stream times estimated: /home/paz/igor_test3.webm
> Also, you can try to run cin via qemu-x86_64 user level emulator with different -cpu parameters, may be bug surface only on specific cpus .....
I have the latest Ubuntu on qemu, but I don't quite understand what I
need to do. What
parameters of the processor should I use?
> Anyway, I thought there still a lot to test (hw decoding, hw rendering, renderfarm, background render, proxies, various profiles) so we better not to rush release this month ...
I agree about postponing the version with ffmpeg7.