[Cin] amdgpu_top

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 10:45:37 CEST 2024

> Interesting, so av1 does not decode in hw in our case ... something to investigate, but I have no relevant hardware ...

It seems that Dav1d is developed by VLC together with ffmpeg. They say
it is software only
and does not uses any GPU acceleration:
https://www.videolan.org/projects/dav1d.html

It would be to try with Nvidia hardware to confirm.

It can use AVX2 in decoding, though. Do you have to enable this option
or is it by
default?
https://code.videolan.org/videolan/dav1d

It seems that dav1d is not a very up-to-date project; if I wanted to
compare with
libaom I just need to disable "-enable-libdav1d" in configure?

> hm, ah, second error! Was it 10bit hevc by the way?

Yes, it is a file 10-bit:

"pix yuv420p10le"; Color Space: bt2020nc; Color range: TV (mpeg).

Has anything changed between CinGG with ffmpeg6 and 7, since with
appimage I have no
problems

[PS:
Following the manual, I tried to start CinGG(ffmpeg7) with:
CIN_HW_DEV=vaapi ./cin
Now loading works without errors and playback works with a certain
percentage of GPU
acceleration (8-20%). If you try scrolling, however, there are
continuous freezes and
artifacts. But there are no messages and errors in the terminal.