[Cin] amdgpu_top

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 13:39:02 CEST 2024

пт, 26 апр. 2024 г., 11:45 Andrea paz <gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com>:

> > Interesting, so av1 does not decode in hw in our case ... something to
> investigate, but I have no relevant hardware ...
>
> It seems that Dav1d is developed by VLC together with ffmpeg. They say
> it is software only
> and does not uses any GPU acceleration:
> https://www.videolan.org/projects/dav1d.html
>
> It would be to try with Nvidia hardware to confirm.
>
> It can use AVX2 in decoding, though. Do you have to enable this option
> or is it by
> default?
> https://code.videolan.org/videolan/dav1d
>
> It seems that dav1d is not a very up-to-date project; if I wanted to
> compare with
> libaom I just need to disable "-enable-libdav1d" in configure?

you can simply comment out line "remap_video_decoder libaom-av1=libdav1d"
in ffmpeg/decode.opts

if this works (hw decode acceleration of av1 started to work) I might have
patch for you to try  ...

> > hm, ah, second error! Was it 10bit hevc by the way?
>
> Yes, it is a file 10-bit:
>
> "pix yuv420p10le"; Color Space: bt2020nc; Color range: TV (mpeg).
>
> Has anything changed between CinGG with ffmpeg6 and 7, since with
> appimage I have no
> problems
>
> [PS:
> Following the manual, I tried to start CinGG(ffmpeg7) with:
> CIN_HW_DEV=vaapi ./cin
> Now loading works without errors and playback works with a certain
> percentage of GPU
> acceleration (8-20%). If you try scrolling, however, there are
> continuous freezes and
> artifacts. But there are no messages and errors in the terminal.

well, freezes and artifacts are no fun either! Internals of ffmpeg were
reworked, not sure how it affected user-visible interfaces cingg use ...