[Cin] small changes in Manual

Igor Vladimirsky sitelve at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 16:54:30 CEST 2024

пн, 29 апр. 2024 г. в 11:36, Andrea paz via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org
>:

> I have updated the plugins chapter, based on IgorV's updates for the
> manual of
> Cinelerra-CV. (See:
> https://github.com/cinelerra-cv-team/cinelerra-cv/commits/master/doc)
> Check that they fit.

Do marketers of the Cin-GG Community discourage linking to sources? I want
to remind them of something.

The CV manual was mostly copied (many years ago) from the HV-manual & the
Alex's cv-wiki.

The content of the CGG manual was mostly copied from HV/CV-manuals and
Features5.1
and paraphrased (in some places)/reordered for pseudo-originality & better
understanding/usability (however, you did not solve the problems of the
previous manuals).
+  you described well the new functions made by William Morrow aka GoodGuy
(but not all as far as I remember).

The content was copied from hv-cv_mans to cgg-man without providing links
to hv-cv_sources and contributors.

The CGG-manual contains only  this:
 Information contained in this manual is a description of the CINELERRA-GG
program usage and was obtained from various sources to include different
communication channels, emails, common knowledge, and write-ups as new
features were added

In CV:
This manual originates from "Secrets of Cinelerra", an excellent primer
written by Adam WILLIAMS from HEROINE VIRTUAL LTD.
In 2003 Alex FERRER created a Wiki based on that manual and added many
screenshots and topic descriptions.
The CV-manual contains a list of its contributors.

So,
- I provided a description of how chromakey-hsv works not for the
CGG-manual, but for the CV-manual. Therefore you have to indicate the
source.
- Marketers of your community should finally make an effort on themselves
and indicate the main sources of origin of the contents of the
CinGG-manual.
Good luck.

IgorV