[Cin] small changes in Manual

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 00:15:57 CEST 2024

Andrea, thank you for locating these improvements. My commentary below is
not meant to be too picky, just suggestions that you can ignore. If you
agree with my suggestions, no need to resend Plugins.tex because I will
just make the changes accordingly.  These are the result of my doing "Check
that they fit", but I have not reviewed it all yet.

1) "The following effects support OpenGL acceleration:" - I am not sure
that it is important to list these as either the person wants to use the
plugin or they do not so they probably do not care if it uses OpenGL.  I
would leave this out unless you think it is really important. And the list
is missing several per the search I did which may not be 100% correct to
include:

> colorspace/colorspace.C:#ifdef HAVE_GL
> downsample/downsample.C:#ifdef HAVE_GL
> flash/flash.C:#ifdef HAVE_GL
> lens/lens.C:#ifdef HAVE_GL
> mirror/mirror.C:#ifdef HAVE_GL
> motion51/motion51.C:#ifdef HAVE_GL
> rumbler/rumbler.C:#ifdef HAVE_GL
> scaleratio/scaleratio.C:#ifdef HAVE_GL
> swapchannels/swapchannels.C:#ifdef HAVE_GL
> zoomblur/zoomblur.C:#ifdef HAVE_GL
> zoom/zoom.C:#ifdef HAVE_GL

2) The added line "The contents of the Mask track can be processed further
(blur, color correction, further masking) after the plugin." would go
better on the end after "animated Mask in one track and then to transfer
the Alpha channel to another target track" because that is where Mask is
being talked about.

3) Since ChromaKey implementation has varied so much and CinGG's version
has a problem, I am not sure if this is correct in our case:   "It uses the
same algorithm as the Gimp selection tools. It works best with computer
generated graphics."  Anyway to test this and verify in a case where it
does work?