[Cin] Fwd: Chromakey + blur testcase from IgorV

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 10:19:29 CET 2024

What is the problem with Chroma Key (HSV)? I can't find the original discussion.

It seems to me that CinGG has problems when dealing with the alpha
channel, so in overlays, Keys, etc.
See also here (without taking offense at the jibes he throws toward
CinGG users):
https://linuxvideoediting.blogspot.com/2022/09/transparent-text-effect-with-Cinelerra-part2.html
IgorV sees the following problems in CinGG (comparing with CV and HV):
1- Color rendering
2- Overlays
3- Conversion between color models (Adam has made updates, but states
that Cin will always have problems with YUV(A) and recommends using
only RGBA-FLOAT)
4- Blur