[Cin] Fwd: Chromakey + blur testcase from IgorV

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 22:01:36 CET 2024

> Not even sure if it makes sense to do release this month? On the other
>> hand not even sure if we will able to fix more than one problem in next 30
>> days ...
>>
>  I would bring out a new appimage because DeJay needed the appimage with
> Color 3 Way working...

Yes, I was planning on making new appimages because Color 3 Way is used a
lot and an error is not good.

> I tried to update the text of Blur plugin in the manual. See if it is okay
> (to be added at the end):

Seems reasonable and I edited it some by changing one option to just use
Reset and re-save the project instead of editing the .xml.  Editing is open
to mistakes -- I just made one and ended up with an empty .xml file which
could be disastrous.

No, I would not change the code. I would left as it is. The reasons are
> multiple, for me:

Agreed. At least *about 10 years ago* it seems that the A_KEY code was
commented out in HV (may have been longer but that is as far back as I
could easily find).  There does not seem to be A_KEY code in cv blur plugin
which is a lot different then the HV baseline.  This simply does not matter
because HV code is the baseline for CinGG with some cv mods merged in and
no serious attempt was ever made to specifically ensure CinGG was
compatible for a cv project.

some strangeness with AgingTV gui params (they not as interactive as they
> should?) but I have't looking at this problem yet.

In looking at Aging plugin, I have seen no problem and am not going to
waste any more time on it -- already wasted way too much time on Blur when
for projects that are less than 10 years old, there was not even a problem.
And the code matches that of HV-8 with the exception of the addition of the
Reset button which is so valuable.