[Cin] current set of my patches

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 22:48:31 CET 2024

пт, 12 янв. 2024 г., 00:40 Andrea paz <gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com>:

> Should the following note appear in Set Format? I don't see it.

No, it just code comment

you can put anything between /* and */ as human-readable note to future
self (or anyone reading the file)

> +/* W Ratio, H Ratio
> +Sets the ratio of the new canvas size (W, H) to the old (previous)
> canvas size (W, H).
> +The new canvas size is recalculated based upon a certain factor in the W
> Ratio,
> +H Ratio fields. A practical use-case: The current resolution is
> 640x480, and for some reason
> +you want it to be 1.33 times wider. You don't have to calculate what
> 640x1.33 is;
> +you type 1.33 into the "W" input instead, and Cinelerra calculates it
> for you. */
>

> I don't understand what 1024*1024 means. I don't seem to notice any
> variation.

there is function av_reduce, in patch. You can see its last argument
expressed as 1024*1024 - probably good for more exact result, but as
Phyllis noticed can produce some ratios (m:n) we never saw before :)