[Cin] Donation and DaVinci Resolve EDL

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 10:49:39 CET 2024

On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 12:50 PM Andrew Randrianasulu
<randrianasulu at gmail.com> wrote:

> пн, 15 янв. 2024 г., 12:36 Matteo Bini via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>:
>>
>> Hi Cinelerra GG users and developers,
>> my name is Matteo Bini and I'm new to this mailing list.
>>
>> First of all, I would like to thank you for the amazing work you do on
>> Cinelerra: it is a great non-linear editing software. Because of this, I
>> would like to make a donation to support you. How can I do this? Do you
>> accept bank transfers, credit cards... or even the horrible PayPal?
>>
>> My main question is about DaVinci Resolve. Is there a way to export a
>> timeline from Blackmagic software to Cinelerra GG? I've recently
>> finished shooting a short film, that's been edited and colour-corrected
>> in DaVinci Resolve. I would like to edit its audio on Cinelerra GG. Do
>> you think there's a way to move the synchronised audio clips from the
>> two software, without having to export them by hand?
>

> hm, I think I am pass on this one, unfortunately we do not have 'real' developer William Morrow died in 2020 ...
>
> I only can do simple changes, I will look in DaVinchi edl format but mapping it to our (underdocumented) homebrew xml project format probably will be beyond my skills.

According to this DaVinchi Resolve supports our old friend CMX3600
both for improt and export
https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=177882

====

Re: What Format of EDL?

Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:48 pm

Resolve supports CMX 3600 for both EDL import and export.

====

also, they obviously have bigger manual :)

but in our case *I hope* conversion can be made between (text-based)
CMX3600 format and our template project via something like Python? In
other words externally to main program.

 May be original developer (of HV variant) can help with this?

https://github.com/heroineworshiper/hvirtual

should I ask there ?