[Cin] Raw DV native encoder 16:9 support?

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 19:28:17 CET 2024

Built with these 2 patches and as you said "they seem to work" but not sure
what they do.  Did note that filedv.C was added to CinGG from Cin-CV which
does not exist in Cin-HV.

Test file = karacson.avi  16x9 DAR (from where Andrew said to get sample DV
/ avi video).
Test file - pond.dv 4x3 DAR (downloaded from same place)

0002-Fix-16x9-filedv-condition.patch  --  makes sense to me (although when
I uncommented the printf, I got nothing on the startup terminal window? so
is it even getting to that code?)

0001-Dv-encoder-metadata.patch -- makes no sense to me, but I do not really
code, because I do not see how or where "dv_encode_metadata" is being
utilized?