[Cin] Raw DV native encoder 16:9 support?

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 19:41:02 CET 2024

пн, 15 янв. 2024 г., 21:28 Phyllis Smith <phylsmith2017 at gmail.com>:

> Built with these 2 patches and as you said "they seem to work" but not
> sure what they do.  Did note that filedv.C was added to CinGG from Cin-CV
> which does not exist in Cin-HV.

try to re-encode dv file as RawDV file (open dv, add simple filter like
brightness on top of it, try to encode as rawdv.) notice with patches it
sets date/timecode. And in case of anamorphic 16:9 dv hopefully also flag
indicating so (visible with mediainfo/ffprobe/mplayer)

May be we really need only 0002 but I was not sure if 16*9 flag was  going
down to stream without those new function calls?

> Test file = karacson.avi  16x9 DAR (from where Andrew said to get sample
> DV / avi video).
> Test file - pond.dv 4x3 DAR (downloaded from same place)
>
> 0002-Fix-16x9-filedv-condition.patch  --  makes sense to me (although when
> I uncommented the printf, I got nothing on the startup terminal window? so
> is it even getting to that code?)
>
> 0001-Dv-encoder-metadata.patch -- makes no sense to me, but I do not
> really code, because I do not see how or where "dv_encode_metadata" is
> being utilized?

this is function from libdv, older library used for working with consumer
versions of DV streams

I found  example of its usage on older version of

https://github.com/game-stop/veejay