[Cin] SD 16:9 missing among CinGG BD-Render Video Formats

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 01:34:23 CET 2024

ср, 17 янв. 2024 г., 03:07 Terje J. Hanssen via Cin <
cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>:

> Den 16.01.2024 17:53, skrev Andrea paz:
> >> I just installed the latest cin-x86_64 AppImage, started as root,
> loaded a HDV clip to test to create a BD iso/structure, without Blu-ray
> device connected (similar like testing create DVD).
> >> But I got the following error message; any idea what is wrong here?
> >>

> >> I think BD-Render currently is locked to AVCHD (h264) video and ac3
> audio only.
> > The same mistake I had. To do a BD/DVD render we need to run CinGG
> > with root permissions.
>
> Well, maybe you saw I actually had root access, but tried instead to
> write to a directory I had renamed 😳
> >
> > @Terje
> > Thanks for the corrections. I put the new version of the text for the
> > manual (the third part). Can you check this as well?
>
> Seems fine for me.
>
> > Plus I would like
> > to ask you if you could add a "Use Case" for BDs, since I have no
> > knowledge of it....
>
> Yes, let us co-operate on a BD use case next, but first I suggest to
> complete the 16:9 HDV to 16:9 DV use case successful ;)

well, may be just use DVD render but abort it at second (batchrender)
window, and render normally ?

if dvd render set scaler automatically you hopefully just can reuse its
settings for wide dv encoding?

but watch out for interlace reversal ... :( (tff for hdv, bff for dv).

So may be you need more complex hdv interlaced = to frames -> scale down
fields independently = > encode

procedure ....
https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/CinelerraGG_Manual/480.html

If you just deinterlace then scale it will be simpler, i think. Because we
not start with upscaled interlaced SD ....

To repeat and extract from the long thread, we can start from from my