[Cin] SD 16:9 missing among CinGG BD-Render Video Formats

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 20:39:34 CET 2024

On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 12:06 PM Andrea paz via Cin <
cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> wrote:

> I tried changing the txt (version 4). Do you think it is okay? It is
> likely to be wrong.
>
> In reviewing AspectRatio_4.tar.gz, I have the following commentary.
However, some of this is JUST MY OPINION because the person doing the work,
i.e. Andrea, is the ultimate decision maker!

1) First section "Set Format" seems like a good explanation and placement
for the main body of the manual.
2) Second section "Aspect ratio (Theory)" is so detailed in certain areas,
like Super 36 mm, which a lot of us don't even know what it is, that I
think maybe it too should be in the appendix.  Again, just my opinion.
3) I did notice 1 typing mistake (worflow) and a little bit of structure
(like commas) that I can change once it is ready to actually go in the
manual.
4) Sentence in the appendix/3rd section "[NOTE3: CinGG and ffmpeg use to
indicate PAR as SAR.".  Is "use to" supposed to read "used to" as in "did
previously"?