[Cin] video on LPCM DVD from DV method

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 15:22:45 CET 2024

сб, 20 янв. 2024 г., 17:08 Terje J. Hanssen <terjejhanssen at gmail.com>:

> Den 20.01.2024 13:44, skrev Andrew Randrianasulu:
> > https://youtu.be/-NE2LZsVUjo
> >
> > grand total of  two and half minutes at whooping 5 fps.
>
> Good to see it is possible "^"
>
> As LPCM is standard audio on DV video, and as released PAL DVD Videos
> must contain at least one audio track using the PCM, MP2, or AC-3
> format, and all standard PAL players must support all three of these
> formats:
>
> What hinder "Create DVD" to render video + PCM audio from a DV file
> simultaneous?

I guess because we use mplex and it demands separate audio and video (and
subtitle if you do it) stream .... {if you search dvdstyler sf forums you
will see ffmpeg  was not always consistent in exact dvd muxing}

I subscribed to mjpeg-users list and asked there about relative loudness of
lpcm vs ac3 audio.