[Cin] DAR, PAR and SAR, again

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 19:48:05 CET 2024

Andre, that was a HUGE amount of work and we thank you for that.  It is
checked into GIT in the Manual with only trivial changes so you might want
to check it out to make sure I did not make any mistakes.  Trivial changes
were just typo of 35 "mmm" and "aspectt" (I think your keyboard is doing
the same thing that mine is, with adding extra letters!). And a couple of
other things like "\CGG{}Cinelerra..a" instead of just "\CGG{}" and I
changed "act on" to "click on" for Apply.

On Sun, Jan 21, 2024 at 3:13 AM Andrea paz via Cin <
cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> wrote:

> I propose two variations to the manual. I also attach the relative
> text if anyone feels like reviewing it.
>
> @Phyllis
> The part about "Aspect ratio (Theory)" I can't reduce it any more than
> that. You choose whether to use all of it or remove the part of the
> Super 35 mm example (from "For example to obtain an aspect ratio of
> Super 35 mmm (2.35)..." to "...1080 - 816 = 264 lines of pixels from
> top and bottom") Or finally, do not update this section. (You will
> have to redo the corrections you had already made...).

It is good placement the way you put it and fits in really well.

> @Terje
> For the part on anamorphic video, I have reached an impasse: on some
> definitions of PAR, SAR and DAR but, most importantly, on how CinGG
> works. I will see if I can elaborate further, but for now I do not
> propose an addition to the manual.

I would hate to see this section never make it into the manual as I think
it would be advantageous to have a good explanation of anamorphosis -- I am
concerned that Raffaella Traniello website may someday disappear (after all
it does say "Grandma" on it).