[Cin] Again on plugins in floating point (HDR)

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 21:26:11 CET 2024

Oops, forgot to add the statement.

When using the X11 graphics driver, this plugin allows for greater than 1
values to accomodate HDR.  The display will stop at -10\% or +110\%, but
there is no clipping. By varying the brightness all out-of-range values
become visible, even over 110\%. However for Videoscope, you must disable
the "smooth" option which always causes
clipping.  The color model should be set to RGBA-FLOAT (because you cannot
have HDR with integer 8-bit models). This does not work when using
X11-OpenGL at this time.