[Cin] DAR, PAR and SAR, again

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 20:11:11 CET 2024

> You could possibly try to do a corresponding down-conversion from 1920x1080 using normal Rendering and Set format Preset 1440x1080. This to see if this Format preset works better or not?
Do you mean because it is vertically narrowed (and DAR 4:3)?

I tried scaling the mxf movie (1920x1080, sar 1:1, dar 16:9) up to
1440x1080 with Scale plugin and I get the same deformation (with
non-square pixels).

I have tried setting Width=1440 in Set Format and the result is
flattened (and crop to the sides). To get the correct display you have
to put dar 4:3 resulting in a strong crop.

I have tried applying prest HDV 1080i/25 with the same flattened effect.

I re-tested with the original video (which is h264/mp4) with the same results.