[Cin] How to identify if a running CinGG is the Regular or Multibit version?

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 15:58:24 CEST 2024

Den 10.07.2024 14:51, skrev Andrea paz:
> True, I downloaded the multibit appimage and did an 8-bit x265
> rendering successfully.
> In contrast, the 8-bit version does not render at 10-bit.
> So we keep the 8-bit because it is more efficient (1 word vs 2 words)?
> Are there other reasons? Wouldn't it be less confusing to just have
> the multibit?

Does x264 then lose something, 8 or 10bit on the Multibit version?
If not, it seems beneficial and reasonable to merge and keep just the
latter version; less work for both developers and users, and not at
least less confusing.

It would also be useful with an updated list over supported formats,
codecs and bit-rates, based on CinGG's internal ffmpeg engine.
Some codecs like Cineform is not mentioned in the current manual.