[Cin] How to identify if a running CinGG is the Regular or Multibit version?

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 21:54:37 CEST 2024

> It would also be useful with an updated list over supported formats,
> codecs and bit-rates, based on CinGG's internal ffmpeg engine.
> Some codecs like Cineform is not mentioned in the current manual.

CineformHD is only mentioned in the "Overview on Formats and Codecs"
appendix. If you provide a brief description we can incorporate it
into this section. Or you can do a more in-depth specific section in
the "Rendering" chapter, "Some specific Rendering" section. I don't
know if the manual is the right place to describe the various codecs,
though. In the "Private Options" section, it is recommended to study
the white papers of each codecs we want to use:

"Render presets in CINELERRA-GG should work Out Of the Box. You can
still configure the Global Options and Private Options manually.
Finding the combination of parameters that best suits your needs, or
simply finding working (legal) combinations, requires studying each
codec in depth. You can start by looking in Wikipedia until you get to
download and study the white papers of the codecs of interest. In any
case, you must then start a long experimental phase, trying presets
with different configurations or creating new ones, until you get
satisfactory results."

Perhaps the best thing is a document outside the manual but
downloadable from the site, like your "Preserving Camcoder Media.pdf,"
where you can accumulate all the data on codecs that users have
experienced.
I found this table:
https://postimg.cc/PPwPgn83