[Cin] How to identify if a running CinGG is the Regular or Multibit version?

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 22:56:03 CEST 2024

Den 10.07.2024 21:54, skrev Andrea paz:
>> It would also be useful with an updated list over supported formats,
>> codecs and bit-rates, based on CinGG's internal ffmpeg engine.
>> Some codecs like Cineform is not mentioned in the current manual.
> CineformHD is only mentioned in the "Overview on Formats and Codecs"
> appendix.

Ok, there it was mentioned. I searched only the html manual index and
didn't find it.

> If you provide a brief description we can incorporate it
> into this section. Or you can do a more in-depth specific section in
> the "Rendering" chapter, "Some specific Rendering" section. I don't
> know if the manual is the right place to describe the various codecs,
> though. In the "Private Options" section, it is recommended to study
> the white papers of each codecs we want to use:
>
> "Render presets in CINELERRA-GG should work Out Of the Box. You can
> still configure the Global Options and Private Options manually.
> Finding the combination of parameters that best suits your needs, or
> simply finding working (legal) combinations, requires studying each
> codec in depth. You can start by looking in Wikipedia until you get to
> download and study the white papers of the codecs of interest. In any
> case, you must then start a long experimental phase, trying presets
> with different configurations or creating new ones, until you get
> satisfactory results."
>
> Perhaps the best thing is a document outside the manual but
> downloadable from the site, like your "Preserving Camcoder Media.pdf,"
> where you can accumulate all the data on codecs that users have
> experienced.
> I found this table:
> https://postimg.cc/PPwPgn83

I didn't really mean that Cineform should get a more specific
description than other codecs.
And of course, the CinGG manual has to delimit surrounding details, a
knowledge interested can find other places.

In addition to the table url above and wikipedia mentioned, here follows
url to the Cineform SDK
https://gopro.github.io/cineform-sdk/