[Cin] How to identify if a running CinGG is the Regular or Multibit version?

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 13:01:24 CEST 2024

Den 12.07.2024 10:39, skrev Andrea paz:
> I, too, wonder whether einhander binaries are 8-bit or multibit.

I did a render test, and it seems to me that this is the 8-bit version.
If einander once make a change, I would suggest to put the Cinx Suse
version on Slowroll ;)

> Note: the 8-bit limitation only affects encoding with 10-bit x265. I
> have the following error:
>
> [libx265 @ 0x71dcbc0afac0] Specified pixel format yuv422p10le is not
> supported by the libx265 encoder.
> [libx265 @ 0x71dcbc0afac0] Supported pixel formats:
> [libx265 @ 0x71dcbc0afac0]   yuv420p
> [libx265 @ 0x71dcbc0afac0]   yuvj420p
> [libx265 @ 0x71dcbc0afac0]   yuv422p
> [libx265 @ 0x71dcbc0afac0]   yuvj422p
> [libx265 @ 0x71dcbc0afac0]   yuv444p
> [libx265 @ 0x71dcbc0afac0]   yuvj444p
> [libx265 @ 0x71dcbc0afac0]   gbrp
> [libx265 @ 0x71dcbc0afac0]   gray
>
> @Terje
> Great link to the cheat sheets you mentioned on the forum. Instead of
> making a new document I can put that link on the manual.
> https://gist.github.com/dexeonify/ed31c7d85fcf7297719e2ec4740fafda

Well, I loaded a 10-bit Cineform (ffmpeg rendered) file with Cinelerra
and was able to render it to the following 10-bit formats (0 content
didn't succeed in either version, interested to hear if other get them
to work):

    du -sh *
    3,3G    cfhd01.mkv
    23M h265-10bit_yuv422p10le_cfhd01.mp4
    23M h265-10bit_yuv422p_cfhd01.mp4
    17M av1_svt_10bit_yuv420p10le_cfhd01.webm
    ------didn't work:
    0 h264-10bit_yuv422p10le_cfhd01.mp4
    0 av1_svt_yuv420p_cfhd01.webm
    0 av1_vaapi_yuv420p_cfhd01.webm