[Cin] New release update

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 13:25:56 CEST 2024

ср, 17 июл. 2024 г., 10:12 Igor BEGHETTO via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org
>:

> Il 16/07/2024 09:57, Andrew Randrianasulu ha scritto:
>
> вт, 16 июл. 2024 г., 10:42 Igor BEGHETTO via Cin <
> cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>:
>
>> I am making a Cin_20240630 build by myself for the OS
>> UbuntuStudio_16.04_LTS_64bit.
>> I read in the MailingLists thanks to Phyllis and Andrew_R, I need to use
>> specific instruction.
>>
>> From What I understand, with Cin_20240630 the steps are:
>> 1) cd to "cinelerra-5.1" directory
>> 2) make clean
>> 3) export FFMPEG_EXTRA_CFG="--disable-decoder=vvc"
>>      ( before running autogen.sh / configure / make )
>> 4) patch -p1 < alt_shortcuts.patch
>>      ( to use standard shortcuts )
>> 5) ./autogen.sh
>> 6) ./configure --with-single-user --without-shuttle-usb \
>>                --without-vaapi --without-vdpau \
>>                --disable-dav1d \
>>                --enable-libaom=no
>>      ( "--enable-libaom=no" added, without double quote )
>> 7) make 2>&1 | tee log
>> 8) grep "\*\*\*.*error" -ai log
>>    ( Check for obvious build errors )
>> 9) make install
>>

> I think --disable-libaom should work, too?
>
> I will try this week end. Thanks!
>

>> I am ignorant in Linux, so I would like to understand if the instruction
>>   *export FFMPEG_EXTRA_CFG="--disable-decoder=vvc"*
>> write something in somewhere or not.
>>

> it passed to internal ffmpeg's configure script, so you can look into
> thirdparty/ffmpeg-7.0/ffbuild (if I remember correctly) and read big log
> there, after build process come to it.
>
> Thank you, Andrea_R! I found it where you indicated.
> But I don't understand, how *export* instruction knows where to go,...
> how does it know the path where to write that parameter?
> Sorry, It is a stupid question, here, but I would like to understand.

I think make directly look up this variable as instructed
by thirdparty/Makefile

you can open this file and scroll down to very long ffmpeg configure line.

I do not understand makefiles fully, just enough to try few things and see
if they work ...

>> Because my Operating System is UbuntuStudio_16.04, is there a way to
>> build Cinelerra-GG using an old FFMPEG and/or libaom?
>>

> how old, exactly? Right now it should be buildable with ffmpeg6.x/7.0
> (tested), I also removed buildability with ffmpeg-4.4 because I had some
> crashes during ff_* filter tests on my 32bit Slackware. ffmpeg 5.x not
> tested ...
>
> I am thinking to FFMPEG-4.3 and libaom-v3.4.0. But, maybe it doesn't make
> sense.

Ah, sorry. in this case dynamic linking to this will not work.

Good luck and let us know how build attempt worked on your machine!