[Cin] The Around operation in a filter doesn't seem to work

Bulhwi Cha chabulhwi at semmalgil.com
Tue Jun 25 16:39:16 CEST 2024

On Sat Jun 22, 2024 at 11:02 PM KST, Andrea paz via Cin wrote:
>> Enable  Target    Op       Value
>> Or      Patterns  Matches  *
>> And     Time      Around   2011/06/04 12:00:00+12:00:00
>
> I am not familiar with such filtering, so I may be saying the wrong
> thing: shouldn't "And Not" be used to exclude files?
> I also wonder if the "value" set is correct for taking files from an
> entire year. Isn't it meant to take only files from that specific
> day(/year/month)?

Sorry for the late reply; I've been busy doing other work.

I think the filter list above is supposed to include ONLY the files
modified on June 4, 2011. Compare it with the following filter list:

Enable  Target    Op       Value
Or      Patterns  Matches  *
And     Time      Ge >=    2011/06/04 00:00:00
And     Time      Lt <     2011/06/05 00:00:00

This list works as I expected the previous list to do. Any files
modified this year are excluded from the user folder.