[Cin] Error reports and discussions about section 2.5 of the User Manual

Bulhwi Cha chabulhwi at semmalgil.com
Fri Jun 28 15:57:14 CEST 2024

2.5. Resources Window
==========
2.5.3. Modify Folder: sorting the media
---------------------------------------

In the HTML User Manual, there's an empty item in the bulleted list
showing the subsections:

> Subsections
>    *
>       * Drag and Drop:
>       * Filters:

On page 84 of the PDF User Manual, the "Enable" field is referred to as
"Enabled":

> Filters: you do automatic populating using filters (Smart Bins mode). You set
> the values of the Enabled; Target; Op and Value fields to make up the required
> filtering.

On the same page, I'm not sure if the following explanation is correct:

> When you click on the Value portion of that filter, the entire set of files that are
> covered by the filter rules pops up.

Nothing happens when I click on the Value portion of a filter.

On page 85, "follows ." in the following sentence should be "follows."

> Information about the columns and rules for the search filters in the Modify folder
> window follows .

On page 87, it'd be nicer if the table were properly formatted.

On page 88, should we change the meaning of the third-to-last example of
Table 2.2 to "files included all have 23 to 25 framerate"?

2.5.5. Resources Window Preview Mode
------------------------------------

On page 91, "until click it again" should be "until you click it again":

> When you do, a line
> will be drawn through the current preview mode so that you are aware
> that it is
> in No Play mode until click it again.

2.5.6. Moving clips/media from/to Resources window

On page 92, what does "wipe the names" mean?

> Obviously this Paste file list feature means you can create a list of files outside of
> C INELERRA-GG using an editor, wipe the names, and then use Paste file list to load
> them into the media Resources window.

On page 93, shouldn't there be three additional media files, not six?

> When that is done, the additional 6 media files
> will be available on this other instance too.

On the same page, I think "as the 5th item down" should be "as the
penultimate item down":

> 2. right click in an empty spot in the media folder and the popup shows snap-
> shot as the 5 th item down

On page 94, "the 6th menu item" should be "the last menu item":