[Cin] Error reports and discussions about section 2.5 of the User Manual

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 02:10:32 CEST 2024

Bulhwi,  thank you very much for the work you have done to not only find
these errors, but to write down what they are and how to fix them.  I have
fixed most of them and the corrections will be in tomorrow's next release
Manual update.

2.5. Resources Window

*********  I have not figured out how to fix the above yet.

*********  Fixed above

> On the same page, I'm not sure if the following explanation is correct:
>
> > When you click on the Value portion of that filter, the entire set of
> files that are
> > covered by the filter rules pops up.
>
> Nothing happens when I click on the Value portion of a filter.

******* This is now better explained in that only when there is filenames
in the Value field from having dragged over files from Media to your new
folder, does that work.

*************  The above is fixed.

> On page 87, it'd be nicer if the table were properly formatted.

Not yet fixed.  We have tried to fix this before but then it looks badly
formatted in the HTML version instead.

> On page 88, should we change the meaning of the third-to-last example of
> Table 2.2 to "files included all have 23 to 25 framerate"?

************  I am still pondering "around" as I believe this works but I
am not using it as intended.

*************   Fixed above.

> 2.5.6. Moving clips/media from/to Resources window
>
> On page 92, what does "wipe the names" mean?
>
> > Obviously this Paste file list feature means you can create a list of
> files outside of
> > C INELERRA-GG using an editor, wipe the names, and then use Paste file
> list to load
> > them into the media Resources window.

I have reworded this.  Wipe the names just means highlight them with the
mouse however your O/S lets you.    In my Fedora O/S, I just used the left
mouse button to swipe over the names I want.

*****    Fixed.

***********  Fixed to read the 7th item down.