[Cin] Cinelerra-HV 9 is out!

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Tue May 21 01:27:51 CEST 2024

пн, 20 мая 2024 г., 22:43 Phyllis Smith <phylsmith2017 at gmail.com>:

> Also, it was suggested that we (cinelerra-gg) can create different git
>> branch < named, say, "testing" >  for "potentially unstable" patches, like
>> current ffmpeg 7.0 patchset and then merge back to main/stable when feature
>> is deemed ready.
>>

>  +2 for testing branch. (wink, wink).
>
> Actually Sam had wanted me to switch to Github as more standard and I
> attempted to do this quite some time ago, and ended up damaging the current
> Git database.  Fortunately I was able to recover, but I can barely do most
> of what I do already, although I plan on continuing this for at least
> another 17 years because I do not want to see Cinelerra fade away.  People
> come and go and I am not sure if a similarly dedicated person would want to
> be responsible long term for CinGG maintenance/moderation.
>
> However, when/if I find time, I will make another attempt at getting to
> Github and adding a "testing" branch.

I think you can create git branch manually, from terminal.

https://devconnected.com/create-git-branch/

or more descriptive official documentation:

https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Branching-Branches-in-a-Nutshell

first try ot on separate copy of  full cingg git tree ...

I hope next git push will create new branches remotely too?