[Cin] Bugtracker issue #5 - just email this time until...

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 23:39:25 CET 2018

Pierre:

Since we do not know if you noticed issue #5 in the bugtracker yet, I am
sending email this 1 time.
GG has created a mod that we believe will make it easier to see what you
requested -- he coded it in a manner that "fit" and that satisfied the
methods he would actually use if he were doing this.

This is NOT yet checked into GIT because I have not had a chance to test
much yet.  There is a Mint 18 test build at:

https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/testing/cinelerra-5.1-mint18-x86_64-static.txz

And an ubuntu16 build at:

https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/testing/cinelerra-5.1-ub16-x86_64-static.txz

If you have a chance to test, please "add a note" to the bugtracker issue
with results.
How to use:
0) test create a cut and a paste into media on the timeline (just so you
can see what the following does)
1) turn on preview in the Resource window
2) mouse to the media that you want to see
3) click the middle mouse button on that media
4) you will see the a mini-view of the media first 5 seconds (you should
hear no audio)
5) a White colored bar will be on the top of this mini-view, each segment
(black/white) is a hot spot.
6) a Red colored bar will be on the bottom, clicks on it reset the main
window timeline position.
7) you will see Yellow colored lines drawn from the top to the bottom
showing where the media is or is not
8) click on a space on the top White colored bar, and voila! (I think that
is French) that section is loaded in the viewer with In/Out [/] set to the
clip of that section of the media.  Tweak the edit in viewer, and then
paste or overwrite to the timeline.
9) click on a space on the bottom Red colored bar and you will see where
that exists on the timeline AND you can drag scroll along this color bar.

Remember this is not a real window and if your mouse just leaves the window
by a little bit, you will have to middle mouse button click again to get it
back.  Also, when in previewing mode, if you just mouse over another media
file in Resources, it too will automatically show the White/Red bars.