[Cin] Color Management

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 10:30:09 CET 2018

After the implementation of CTRL+DRAG (#7), IMO CinGG has only two
major issues to resolve: A true rotoscoping tool (#2) and colour
management. You might want to try using OpenColorIO, as it's spreading
like STD:

http://opencolorio.org

1) Allows the exchange between the various software that support it
(Blender, Natron, Krita, Nuke, After Effects, etc.) without resorting
to manual conversions.
2) Install on the system (as LV2 plugins) and then configure it in
CinGG. You can create custom configurations or use public ones (Sony
Image Works, Nuke and ACES); that would allow CinGG to import Log
files (REDLog, C-Log, etc.) and all the color models used in Pro.
3) It seems to me that there are detailed instructions and code
examples on how to implement it.
4) It is compatible with any LUT and can create and convert them.
5) It can use the GPU.

Not being a developer, I can't tell if it's possible to implement it.
I think I understand that ffmpeg doesn't support it.
What do you think?
Mag, you're an colorist, do you think it's useless to have a real
color management in a software like CinGG?
After having deepened the topic I could open a ticket in Bug Tracker,
perhaps using "HELP need".