[Cin] Translating the website into French

Sam cinelerra at posteo.de
Wed Apr 24 19:50:45 CEST 2019

Hi Olivier,

> 1st
> ***
>
> On the "Mantis How To" page :
> https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/mantisbt-how-to/ ,t he link under "Click
> here to add an avatar" is still pointing to the EN version of the
> external page, and it doesn't seems to be possible to change that
> within the translation system.
>
> It'd be great if I'd be able to link to the FR version of this
> external page.
> Can you do something about that?

Unfortunately it is not possible to change such links with the
translation system. I always have to change it manually in the new
document.
If you find such a page, just let me know and I'll change it. It's best
to always send me the link to the respective page, then I can copy it
right in.

I have corrected this link and it refers to the French website.

> 2nd
> ***
>
> I found 2 typos in the original text of the
> https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/downloads/ page :
> - "Deppl" instead of "Deepl"
> - "developement" instead of "development".

Thanks for the hint, I have corrected it.

> 3rd
> ***
>
> The footer doesn't seems to behave rightly when into French. See the
> screenshot attached.
> Don't know why it does behave correctly when in Italian/German/English.
>
> Hope that helps.

Unfortunately this translation program does not synchronize the links
automatically. I always have to start a link synchronization batch after
your translation work, which takes a few minutes, then the links will be
corrected. Only if the last page is translated, then also the menus and
foot menus are displayed completely and correctly.

I have hidden the French language from the menu. Only you can see it
when you are logged in. I'll make the language visible to everyone again
once you've finished the complete translation so new visitors don't get
confused with the partially translated website.

Thx,

Sam