[Cin] New native Tracer plugin checked into GIT

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 14:24:15 CEST 2019

> One of the most important features of all these tools is the rotation.
> Such a tool is only really useful if I can rotate the new mask from
> keyframe to keyframe. At the moment, I'd have to manually zoom in or out
> on each handle if the perspective changed.

I got the idea (probably wrong, given my incompetence) that to make
rotations or other changes on the mask, the compositing engine of
Cinelerra is not suitable. A completely new compositing engine would
be needed to create matte on separate and independent alpha channels.
That's why in an old email I asked if it was possible to integrate
OpenFX, which would allow you to use a real rotoscoping tool, with all
the features required by you and me in the ticket 02 of MantisBT. But
I don't think it's possible: at least it means building a new
compositing engine or completely changing what's already there.