[Cin] If doing your own builds -- some changes / potential requirements

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 16:00:21 CET 2019

Andrea, you are right that libaom and libwebp are already in the thirdparty
builds.  There are some people out there who are doing "unbundled builds"
who would need to either add them or realize that these new capabilities in
Cin will not be available

libusb 1.0.22 (dev?)

libusb has to be at least 1.x.x and must be DEV or DEVEL because it needs
the headers

> libtool instead of libtoolize

Yes

> aom instead of libaom

and Yes

> With regard to aom, I noticed that during compilation there is a
> slowdown of a few tens of seconds while processing strings that
> contain libaom. Nothing serious, everything goes on normally. Is it
> normal?

GG says this does happen with some of the thirdparty libraries compiles and
is normal.  Often it is because they are compiling assembly code.  One time
he looked at the x265 library and found 50,000 lines of assembly code
(impressive).