[Cin] Latex and Manual

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 14:55:48 CEST 2019

@Marco

> For many reasons I think Asciidoc is the best markup language for docs.
My compliments: the page of the KiCAD guides is really nice and
convenient to use. Who knows if in the future we can do something
similar. For now, we are stopping at a simple collection of pdfs (but
we are now close to the end of the manual in LaTeX).
I'll try to say my opinion. The use of LaTeX is mainly due to two factors:
1- Power of this language: Easy transposition from the originals (in
.odt); easy incorporation of user additions and corrections without
involving the global structure; total control over the final result
(about 600 pages full of images, tables and lists); being able to get
a nice PDF.
2- We are few and no one has proposed to use asciidoc. Instead Andrey
proposed himself for Latex, and his knowledge of the language is so
deep that he managed to explain it easily even to an ignorant person
like me. :-).

@Andrey

Despite the praise I've given you above, I'm too ignorant to be able
to make a table for the Shortcuts :-)
I've tried to study and adapt your examples, but I don't get usable
results. I would need a structure like the one I show in the attached
image (slightly modified from the table in the manual, because it
contains errors).
Another important question: [we talked about it some time ago, but I'm
afraid I need detailed explanations] Come can I enter the huge amount
of data in the libreoffice table as automatically as possible, instead
of writing cell by cell? I tried to save the table in CSV, but I don't
know how to do it.

@Phyllis

There is no hurry to have images or anything else; we can insert them
easily when they are ready.