[Cin] Latex and Manual

Спицын Андрей spitsyn.andrey at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 20:45:58 CEST 2019

Hi,

@Andrea
Thank you for your kind words. Let's start from your last question.
There a several ways to do that.
1. Use Writer2Latex. In debian it in libreoffice-writer2latex package.
Create table in Writer, select it, then go to Export... click the
Selection checkbox and select LaTeX 2e from drop-down menu.
After that the hude menu will appear.
Select Ultraclean Article, Pdf (pdfTeX) and Unicode (UTF8) from
drop-down menu, untick all other option, end click Export.
Save new file and open it with Texstudio. Scroll down to the table.
Note that Writer2Latex use supertabular package (but I don't like to use
it). You can copy the entire table or copy only content.
I prefer to create table header independently, to ensure the best
results.
One caveat, don't use any formatting in Write, except cell
merging/splitting.
2. Use Calc2Latex extension for LibreOffice, it's old but still usable.
Can be found here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/calc2latex/
Open any spreadsheet and select the rows/columns you want to appear in your table.
Go to "Extras / Execute Macro / My Macros/Calc2Latex".
Click on "Main" in the right side and "execute".
Then you can copy entire table or only a content.
I used that extension for a long time, then moved to the next method.
3. Script for Texstudio. Can be found here https://sourceforge.net/p/texstudio/wiki/Scripts/#paste-as-latex-table
Copy entire script, open Texstudio and go to Macros -> Edit Macros -> Add.
Paste entire script into text field LaTeX Content, tick script mark.
Then copy table or cells from calc, go to Texstudio and use the script.
4. Online table generators.
https://www.tablesgenerator.com/ or similar.
Can't say anything about them.

The first question. Give me some time and I'll create the header for
that table. It's OK if I'll paste it in mail message, not in repo?