[Cin] Fwd: Bug when building from Git, FFmpeg fails on libdavd1

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 17:57:13 CEST 2019

Miroslav:
Update on the earlier email as shown indented below.
GG did not run across this problem in the monthlybuilds.  I am not sure
why.  But because he did not, none of the build scripts were changed.  The
reason I am relaying this is so that you are aware of the fact that you
mostly likely will have to continue to use your mod when building as you
have shown below (or else use a soft link!).  BUT we had to do some
non-optimal things to get Dav1d going.  I will send email with a
description soon.

Question for you - are you now in the Mailing List?  I am a little confused
from the email here. Phyllis/gg

Thanks for letting us know! so that we can watch out for this.

> This change allowed me to, going from zero ground, build and install
>> Cinelerra correctly:
>>
>> $ diff cinelerra-5.1/configure.ac*
>> 416c416
>> <   [ usr/local/lib*/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdav1d*.a ],
>> ---
>> >   [ usr/local/lib*/libdav1d*.a ],
>>

> Also I'm not aware if that "x86_64-linux-gnu" is present or not in all
>> distros, so this may not solve it for other distos, but instead make a
>> failure, if they the libdav1d*.a is not in that dir.

Yes, GG thinks you are right and it will not work on all other distros --