[Cin] some problems - batch rendering warnings and opening project error, steps to have cinelerraGG officially in Gentoo

Igor BEGHETTO igorbeg at visi1.org
Mon Sep 9 10:03:08 CEST 2019

@Andrea_paz
Andrea, the screencasts are your. ;-)

@Deim
> So it seems nesting makes the clips (otherwise sequences or
> subprojects) not to leak to the rest of master project (ex. keys in
> filters). Am I correct?
Yes, you are correct.

*Notice:
If you don't use Nest feature for the Sequences (subprojects) imported.*
Your Master Project must have a number of tracks equal or more than the
subprojects.
In my "cin20190831_NestingSequencesInAMasterProject" screencast, you can
see that at the point #2, the second sub project (Sequence-02) contains
2 video tracks and 2 audio tracks.
So, in Master Project you must have at least 2 video tracks and 2audio
tracks (in my example).
More, you can not load the Sequence (clip) from Resources->Clips to the
Viewer, and from the Viewer to the Timeline otherwise you lose your
Autos/Effects (may be a bug, I don't know). But You can do that with
Nest feature.

> Does the master project keep reference to subprojects or does it copy
> them fully to master project? (I'm asking when I change subproject if
> it somehow change master project).
When you import your Sequences (subprojects) into the Master Project,
the Sequences are copied in the Master Project: the xml (file project)
code of the Sequence is joined with the xml of the Master.
So, if you are working on a Master Project, where subprojects had been
inserted, and then you change something to a subproject or delete a
subproject, it doesn't change your Master Project: the Master Project is
not in sync with the subprojects. That is good and bad.
I hope I explained it well.

Thanks!

IgorBeg