[Cin] Imported sequences in Master Project and the Viewer

Igor BEGHETTO igorbeg at visi1.org
Mon Sep 16 11:30:55 CEST 2019

About Manual.
In the "usecase.pdf", at the end of the document, where there is the
"Note: for correct ... project.", I would add something like "To avoid
to know how many tracks you need, you can use Nest feature (see Nesting
sub-chapter)".
More I would suggest to insert the word "sequence" near "Sub project",
because a professional user know so; and in Load window you find "Nest
*sequence*" option. You can write in the point #2 "...also saved a Sub
project (usually called sequence)..." and then to use always the word
"sequence" instead of "sub project".
And, for my personal taste, I would change the title in "Working with
the sequences" and then, I think, is needed a more complex explain in
that sub-chapter. Only an idea.

On the manual, in "Camera and Projector" section, I think it would be
important to add the two images that you find in "Cinelerra CV
Manual.htm" and I add here. I know, they are drawn by hand but it is
important to understand how camera and projector work.

> GG looked at the code and the way the Overwrite works was
> intentionally written to work this way (it is a feature, not a bug).
> To me it makes good sense, because you could very well want the
> autos/plugins you put in the Master to be in effect always for smooth
> looking videos.
Thanks GG. And I think you are right, Phyllis. May be that you want put
a part of a sequence in the Master project without overwrite the Master
project's effects.

> Also, I will find out about a warning message as recommended in "about
> note 1", but I am forecasting that gg will not want to.
Okay. Thank you.

IgorBeg