[Cin] Timeline performance

david brometeo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 18:44:15 CEST 2020

Hi all.

I have been trying some video editing with Cinelerra. It seems a very powerfull
program but I am surprised of the clunkyness of timeline when I move video
pieces, or select them for moving. My tests are very humble. Only two pieces of
video of no more than 20 seconds. It is very frustrating to be precise enough
when moving parts. Is it normal? Perhaps some bug with my media or
configuration? Video composition in previewer is fast and very good, but not
commented simple operations.

Comparing other options, like Olive editor, in which working with parts is very
fast and precise I ask myself if there is space for Cinelerra optimizations in
this matter.

Thank you very much for your work :)

Greets.

--