[Cin] Timeline performance

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 20:34:13 CEST 2020

David,

For Ubuntu 19, timeline speed seemed to be slow and LFOM informed us of
this in the Cinelerra-gg.org Forum.  He tested mods we added and said that
these helped a lot.  These speed improvements for line drawing on the
timeline use Bresenham's line algorithm.  It is very difficult to diagnose
a problem like "it seems to run slow" because it does not run slow for us
on a laptop and desktop with the Fedora operating system.  If you can
provide additional data, such as which Operating System you use or you want
us to check for slowness on a specific small piece of media (upload
somewhere or email to phylsmith2017 at gmail.com if you want it to remain
private).  Or if you would like to check the improvements using Brensenham,
we can create a temporary static tar for your operating system (all new
builds will be provided at the end of the month on April 30th).

Any further specific information you can provide may help us solve a
problem so we appreciate it.  Phyllis/gg