[Cin] July monthly builds available BUT lots of clean up still..

Terje J. Hanssen terje at nordland-teknikk.no
Sat Aug 1 21:37:28 CEST 2020

Hi,

My feedback included below:

Den 01.08.2020 18:00, skrev Phyllis Smith via Cin:
> We had a lot of problems with the builds yesterday so have a lot of
> cleanup and documentation fixes to do yet this weekend.  Some problems
> listed here.
>
> Tumbleweed (Leap-ish) may be eliminated next month because it is very
> time-consuming to upgrade this Operating System every month since it
> is not a distro that we use on a daily basis.  It has been a problem
> every month; for example 2,000 packages had to be updated for it
> between June 29 and July 29 and then it did not work correctly.
> Instead we ended up doing a brand new install which also took a lot of
> time (about 4 hours).  So unless we get feedback that it is worth the
> time, it will be dropped.

openSUSE Tumbleweed is a rolling developement release, which is
constantly updated and always at the 'latest release'
So I aggree to concentrate the Cinelerra builts on the maintained,
regular and stable production platform Leap, currently 15.1 and 15.2
(next 15.3 expected June 2021). And I really hope also Cinelerra10bit
will be continued ;)

> Leap 15-02 build and Mint 20 are new builds this month but installing
> has not been tested or updated on the website due to time constraints.
> Arch, Tumbleweed, and Gentoo are OK but GG had to make some changes.

ref. my email earlier today:  [Cin] July upgrade on openSUSE Leap 15.2

Rgds,
Terje J. Hanssen