[Cin] Big library upgrades checked in -- hoping someone can build as a check

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 21:33:51 CET 2020

В сообщении от Friday 28 February 2020 19:34:22 Phyllis Smith написал(а):
> This was a weird month's work for gg.  If someone who ordinarily builds
> themselves has a chance to build, that would be awesome.  Then just do some
> generic stuff.   Libraries upgraded are:
>
> giflib, libjpeg, twolame, tiff, x264, x265, dav1d, opus, nv-codec-headers,
> libwebp, openjpeg,
>
> and for LV2 – jalv, suil, sratom, lilvsord, and serd
>
> Some other stuff that just got checked in:
>
>   - new option when do a Render with mp4 when you click on Video wrench,
> there is a new button "format" which provides some more ffmpeg available
> options (some are available to use and others not depending on whether
> ffmpeg has a hook up Cin can use).
>
> - pulse audio is going to be added to the builds so it should be a choice
> in Preferences, PlaybackA , but I have not tested that yet on my laptop
> because it does not show up for me.  (We are still testing and will be all
> day today).
>
> - other messages and minor tweaks in like h264/h265_nvenc.mp4 quality
> changed from medium to high as Andrea suggested.
>

> We will try to get a Mint 19.3 static tar built for testing too.  Thanks,
> gg/Phyllis

Hm, for some reason I can't make video track fade work outside of '1/0' positions.
Try to load any video+audio file, and while audio fade should work as usual
(nice slopes between keyframes), on video track you can only toggle fade to '1' or '0', very steep

Also, clicking on video track for some reason autoselect  both video and audio tracks now??
(they all become inverted visually)
If I click on empty space *below* tracks in main window - I can  select region as usual.