[Cin] Crash when using DenoiseFFT

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 18:24:38 CET 2020

This long standing bug now has a fix because gg was able to create the
error and then determine that the fix does not create the error.  It will
be in the end of the month January 31 builds.   There is a Debian 9
specific denoisefft.plugin that you can use if you would like to have the
fix now.  You would have to replace the current one - you could make a copy
first of the original.  The file to be replaced is attached and its name is:
   /usr/lib/cin/plugins/audio/denoisefft.plugin
You would then have to restart Cinelerra.  It is safe to do this, but if
you are concerned and since you have a workaround, it is your choice.

GG is also looking into the green colored hard edges as they seem to be in
places where he does not think they should be.  If you prefer not to see
the hard edges, you can turn them off under the Window pulldown, option
Show Overlays, and click the "Hard Edges" to disable them.

Thanks again for reporting.  Phyllis/GG